T.G.I.F. D.I.Y.

Ok, so I like acronyms. So that's why I'm selecting my first D.I.Y. post from one of my favorite blogs Honestly, WTF .   Their DIY features are always amazing and fun to try. The Proenza Schouler Rope Necklace Tutorial is by far my favorite!

DIY Rope Necklace

 You’ll need:
- 25 inches of bungee cord or climbing rope
- a yard of thick twisted cord
- some thin rope such as mason line
- some twine
- a pair of scissors
- a lighter
- a hot glue gun





Start by cutting a 10″ and a 15″ piece of bungee (or climbing rope). Burn the ends with a lighter to prevent fraying. Then, wrap the middle sections with either twine or mason line using the friendship knot technique and use the hot glue gun to secure the ends to your bungee cord. 




Lay the center of the twisted cord in between the two pieces of covered bungee, twist twice at the top of the necklace and bring both sides down to create a small loop. You can adjust the necklace to whichever length you prefer. Generously glue each connecting section at the ‘x’ marks seen in the image below.


Wrap each glued section with mason line or twine and trim any excess twisted cord. Continue to wrap more sections with different colors, making it bright and colorful. Have fun with this!!
 Your Proenza Schouler inspired necklace is ready to wear!



So Awesome!!
 
(All images from Honestly, WTF.

Comments