A Pattern A Day

So at the end of last year I decided I wanted to do a daily project of some sort for 2012. I wanted to do some sort of ritual that would commemorate each day of the year, maybe in the hopes I would remember each day and it wouldnt go by in such a blur that was 2011 (Yeah, Right). So I decided that drawing or composing a pattern for each day would be a great exercise. You can find my daily pattern blog here. I've been meaning to draw more and work on more creative ventures and this is the kind of motivation I need.
The patterns will consist of little doodles, digitally patterned photography, and compositions for new bigger projects, ect. aaaaaand I received an awesome set of prismacolor markers and pencils, yay I cant wait to play with my new toys! 

Week 1 - January 1st-7th

Day 1




Day 2



Day 3




Day 4




Day 5



Day 6



Day 7



The last few patterns are of a photo of myself I took with hipstamatic and then altered in photoshop.
I like how photographs suddenly look abstract when duplicated in a pattern.

Thanks for checking them out!




Comments